Zechariah 7: 14 This is what the Lord Almighty says: “Just as I had determined to bring disaster on you and showed no pity when your ancestors angered me,” says the Lord Almighty, 15 “so now I have determined to do good again to Jerusalem and Judah. Do not be afraid. 16 These are the things you are to do: Speak the truth to each other, and render true and sound judgment in your courts; 17 do not plot evil against each other, and do not love to swear falsely. I hate all this,” declares the Lord.
Being held after school was a strange feeling. The teacher knew my friend and I were nerds, but I just wanted to see what it would be like to be one of the “bad” kids for a change. She didn’t hold us there for very long. In fact when it was nearing the time to let us go, she helped us with the upcoming test!
- There were times that I was punished for my actions.
- There were times that I had to face the consequences of my misdemeanors.
- There were times that I experienced justice and I did not like it.
Being put on the right track was important to this teacher. She told us how disappointed she was in our actions, but showed us the right way to go. GOD does the same to me.
- GOD says to me “I have determined to do good again.”
- GOD says to me “Do not be afraid.”
- GOD says to me “Speak the truth to each other, and render true and sound judgment in your courts; do not plot evil against each other, and do not love to swear falsely.”
I actually knew I deserved to be where I was, in detention. I did not beg to be released or to have my sentence shortened. The same goes with GOD. I mean sometimes GOD sees me trying to go down the wrong path and HE allows consequences to flow in my life. Then HE says “Enough is enough!” and stops the disaster.
GOD shows me HIS mercy and puts me on the right path. HE tells me “Now that I have your attention, treat people with truth, sound judgment and plans for good not evil.” GOD hates liars who try to trap people with twisted words and does not want me to go down that path. HE brings me back to HIM and promises to be the “Faithful and Righteous GOD.”
- Are you being punished for something you have done?
- Have you angered GOD?
- Can you stop trying to hide and confess to GOD today?
- Will you say “I deserve what GOD has dished out” instead of trying to squirm out of HIS grasp?
- Will you look forward to HIS mercy and deliverance?