Matthew 13: 18 “Listen then to what the parable of the sower means: 19 When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in their heart. This is the seed sown along the path. 20 The seed falling on rocky ground refers to someone who hears the word and at once receives it with joy. 21 But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away. 22 The seed falling among the thorns refers to someone who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful. 23 But the seed falling on good soil refers to someone who hears the word and understands it. This is the one who produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.”
People got on my nerves discussing the Bible. I had not read it and did not understand what was said in it. “Trust in the LORD” people would quote. “What about my needs right now? I would quote back this was a bad path.
Every once in a while I would attend church, especially when things were going wrong. I would hear some music, cry a little and feel better after service only to disappear for months on end. This was rocky ground.
When I started attending church regularly, I finally fit in. I would sit and listen for a couple of hours but would act different on the very next day, sometimes the next hour. My worries about finances and other aspects of life would creep in and there was no way I would talk about CHRIST.
- GOD wants me to seek not only HIS word but HIS SPIRIT.
- GOD wants me to plant my roots deep in HIM so my relationship with HIM is everlasting.
- GOD wants me to clip the thorns of life on a daily basis by quieting down and listening to HIM.
Yielding fruit is the most important thing I can do, according to this passage. It requires understanding and purposeful relationships that bring people to GOD.
- Do you lack understanding of GOD?
- Do you pop in and out of church, meanwhile wondering why your life is not on track?
- Do you worry about life’s difficulties or financial woes?
- Can you stop your lack of understanding by seeking GOD’s kingdom to purposefully bring people to HIM?