Friday, April 21, 2017

I Doubt It

Matthew 14: 31 Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?”

32 And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down. 33 Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.”

============

After searching for a while I prayed, “LORD help me find my license.” Then it came to me, “Look behind the desk.” It was there. After being in school for too long I stubbornly prayed, “LORD please help me graduate.” Seemingly in no time, I graduated. After job loss and bills were mounting I thought, “I wonder if GOD will hear me.” I doubt it.

  • There are situations that I think are too large for GOD.
  • There are times when the world is coming at me so fast that I think GOD cannot possibly handle this!
  • There are circumstances where I think my sin is greater than GOD’s grace so I doubt HIS grace.

During the winds of life I simply want things under “my” control. I try to place logic around what’s going on and somehow I can’t make things make sense. The question “why” would pop into my mind without resolution. My doubt grew. BUT GOD had a remedy.

  • GOD wants me to focus on praising HIM so I can build stronger faith.
  • GOD wants me to rest in HIM so I can calm down enough to hear HIS voice.
  • GOD wants me to seek HIM versus seeking to always “fix” the problem.

Sometimes it is best to let go of the problem for a while and just walk out to GOD. HE can handle life’s troubles while I take steps towards HIM. Since GOD was only an earshot away, Peter wasn’t far from making it all the way to HIM, same with me.

GOD wants me to have total trust that HE has the situation fully covered. HE wants me to stop looking around and look at only at HIM.  GOD is my complete Savior.

  • Do you doubt GOD?
  • Have you trusted HIM in the past and are choosing not to trust HIM now?
  • Can you drop your timelines and focus only on how GOD is blessing you today?
  • Will you take more steps towards HIM today?


No comments:

Post a Comment