Matthew 13: 53 When Jesus had finished these parables, he moved on from there. 54 Coming to his hometown, he began teaching the people in their synagogue, and they were amazed. “Where did this man get this wisdom and these miraculous powers?” they asked. 55 “Isn’t this the carpenter’s son? Isn’t his mother’s name Mary, and aren’t his brothers James, Joseph, Simon and Judas? 56 Aren’t all his sisters with us? Where then did this man get all these things?” 57 And they took offense at him.
But Jesus said to them, “A prophet is not without honor except in his own town and in his own home.”
58 And he did not do many miracles there because of their lack of faith.
“But you are supposed to be a role model to me” I said to myself as I watched yet another mentor fall by the wayside. This person seemed like a godly giant, but turned out to be just like the others. My faith dwindled quickly.
- My faith used to be based on someone else’s actions.
- My faith used to be based on what I could see others do.
- My faith used to be easily thwarted by the fall of others.
When “that” person sinned, I would be so disappointed. I could not hear any preaching or teaching from them. BUT GOD wants me to think differently.
- GOD wants me to have faith in HIM and the people HE sends.
- GOD wants me to drop my arrogance of thinking “that” person can’t possibly perform miracles.
- GOD wants me to stop looking at the sinner and look at GOD inside.
I am in a very popular club, namely ALL those who committed sins. Miracles do not come from humans rather they come from GOD. I should focus only on the SPIRIT not the sinner. Judging people weakens my faith. GOD wants me to see HIM in action, even through the highly unlikely.
- Are you judging someone who is an unlikely candidate for GOD?
- Are you basing your faith on someone else’s actions?
- Can you stop looking at others and start looking at the HOLY SPIRIT?