Matthew 13: 24 Jesus told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. 25 But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. 26 When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared.
27 “The owner’s servants came to him and said, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?’
28 “‘An enemy did this,’ he replied.
“The servants asked him, ‘Do you want us to go and pull them up?’
29 “‘No,’ he answered, ‘because while you are pulling the weeds, you may uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.’”
Every day I have a choice of which person I will be. Person one in this passage sowed “good” seed and person two sowed “bad” seed or weeds. Each seed grew in the story.
- Some days I sow bad seed of fear, worry and doubt.
- Some days I sow bad seed of lust, slander and rage.
- Some days I sow bad seed of self-centeredness, self-promotion and self-righteousness.
There are many reasons I sow these seeds, none of which are good. BUT GOD wants me to prepare myself for something different.
- GOD wants me to prepare myself daily to sow “good” seeds.
- GOD wants me to seize every opportunity to plant something “good.”
- GOD wants me to seek out situations where I can say something “good.”
Complaints, slander and arguments weaken my “good” seed. In fact, every negative word I speak grows in weird ways I cannot imagine. GOD wants me to speak the “Good” seed about HIS SON especially when I feel like spreading bad seed.
- Which person will you be today?
- Will you choose to sow GOD’s “good” seeds or your own seeds which could contain weeds?
- Can you identify negative words and positive words that come from your mouth?