Matthew 14: 28 “Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.”
29 “Come,” he said.
Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. 30 But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!”
“LORD, please grant me my prayer” is what I asked. Days later I got exactly what I asked for but got nervous that I would mess up. “What If I don’t do well?” “What if I can’t handle this?” More questions flooded my mind and I began to falter.
- Sometimes GOD gives me exactly what I asked for.
- Sometimes GOD instantly grants me favor.
- Sometimes GOD does some amazing things in my life that I am not quite ready for.
“If you don’t really want it, don’t ask for it”, don’t ask it is what I learned. GOD has said “Okay” to some of my prayers and I found myself in over my head and overwhelmed. I looked around and suddenly began to sink. BUT GOD pulled me through.
- GOD hears me when I earnestly cry out to HIM.
- GOD knows I need saving even before I get into a mess.
- GOD saves me from the turmoil’s of life even when I ask for them.
Faith was the unseen solution to Peter’s problem and mine. When I place my faith in GOD I can face enormous challenges. I have to tell myself constantly, “Don’t look left, don’t look right, just keep looking straight towards CHRIST.” When I focus on GOD my worries diminish. GOD saves me from the waves.
- Are you sinking?
- Do you have worries and doubts?
- Can you stop looking around at your situation and look at CHRIST as your Savior?