Thursday, January 18, 2018

Front of the line

Mark 9: 33 Then He came to Capernaum. And when He was in the house He asked them, “What was it you disputed among yourselves on the road?”34 But they kept silent, for on the road they had disputed among themselves who would be the greatest. 35 And He sat down, called the twelve, and said to them, “If anyone desires to be first, he shall be last of all and servant of all.” 36 Then He took a little child and set him in the midst of them. And when He had taken him in His arms, He said to them, 37 “Whoever receives one of these little children in My name receives Me; and whoever receives Me, receives not Me but Him who sent Me.”

============

All day long I could feel the pressure of competition at work. I mean did he have to say “that” during the meeting! As I replayed these words I on my drive to wherever I was going I stepped on the gas more and more forcefully. At least no one would pass me on the road. I was pulled over.

  • There are times I desire to be on top.
  • There are times when I just want to win.
  • There are moments when I want to be ahead of everyone at all costs.


Who would be the greatest was the equivalent of being at the front of the line. The disciples were in for a rude awakening. JESUS, who was and is the greatest, told them they had to be like HIM, a humble servant.

  • GOD wants me to learn to serve others.
  • GOD wants me to classify serving as being great.
  • GOD wants me to exchange my currency for souls.


Rich and powerful to GOD means how many people have I served. I’m not talking about human metrics, I am truly speaking about servitude that only GOD guides. HE gives me opportunities to accept those HE sends to me. Shall I turn them away? No. GOD desires that I serve someone in HIS name daily.

  • Are you trying to get on top?
  • Are you trying to learn how to be the best?
  • Can you learn that being the best means being the best “true” servant of GOD?


No comments:

Post a Comment