Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Possibility



Mark 10: 26 And they were greatly astonished, saying among themselves, “Who then can be saved?”

27 But Jesus looked at them and said, “With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible.”

28 Then Peter began to say to Him, “See, we have left all and followed You.”

29 So Jesus answered and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife[e] or children or lands, for My sake and the gospel’s, 30 who shall not receive a hundredfold now in this time—houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions—and in the age to come, eternal life. 31 But many who are first will be last, and the last first.”

==========

Excited about our new home I quickly drew up plans for a fish pond. I broke out a shovel but did not get far before recognizing the ground was extremely hard. I used a pick which helped but did not get me much further. I felt like giving up. Then a local person told me to rent some equipment made for this kind of work. I never would have thought of it.

  • There are times when I do not have direction and feel like giving up.
  • There are times when I do not understand how to overcome an obstacle and I feel like giving up.
  • There are times when I have a desire but do not know how to fulfil it and I become frustrated.


“Who then can be saved?” was a question posed by the disciples after JESUS said the rich and arrogant, who trusted in money, may be too blind to need GOD. BUT GOD says something quite incredible.

  • GOD says to me “With men it is impossible, but not with GOD, for with GOD all things are possible.”
  • GOD says to me “If you have left anything for my sake of the gospels sake, I will take care of you.”
  • GOD says to me “If you are last, I will make you first.”


The reason JESUS can say the word “Assuredly” is because HE owns it. HE owns health, wealth, jobs, relationships, businesses, schools and definitely churches where people may not get along. HE sees what I think is impossible and has the exact answer to the problem.

HE made me and can fix me when I am broken. HE knows just what to do when things look absolutely impossible. When I feel like giving up, JESUS is right there saying “hold on” I specialize in impossibility. All things are possible with GOD.

  • Are you facing something that seems impossible?
  • Do you think your power can fix the situation so you are exhausting yourself?
  • Can you stop trying so hard and ask GOD to help your unbelief so HE can do the impossible?
  • Will you believe HE can heal you today?


No comments:

Post a Comment