Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Service Choice


Mark 10: 23 Then Jesus looked around and said to His disciples, “How hard it is for those who have riches to enter the kingdom of God!” 24 And the disciples were astonished at His words. But Jesus answered again and said to them, “Children, how hard it is for those who trust in riches to enter the kingdom of God! 25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”

============

“If I get the next promotion, then I will serve GOD a little more” were the rational words I thought. I mean look at all the poor people. If I just became rich, then I could give to the poor. When I got the promotion I was paid well but more responsibilities were heaped onto the pile. I had less time to serve because I had so much work. “Maybe when I retire, I will serve GOD more.”

  • With riches come demands.
  • With riches my life is not as easy as it seems.
  • With riches I am shackled to the time it takes to make the riches.


Children, how hard it is for those who trust in riches to enter the kingdom of God!” was JESUS’s statement. The trust part was the problem. HE was illustrating that wealth is a mindset, not a bank account. Those who had a mindset of trusting in wealth may never trust in GOD’s deliverance in HIS way and HIS time.

  • JESUS wants me to trust HIM regardless of how little or how much I have.
  • JESUS wants me to obey HIM, so some of my time needs to be spent with HIM.
  • JESUS wants me to love HIM for the simple reason that HE wants a relationship with me.


Having riches is not the problem. Trusting in riches makes me doubt GOD’s ability to deliver me I mean sometimes when I don’t have the riches I think I need at “that” very moment, I blame GOD for not giving me what “I” want.

HE forgives me and gently guides me back to a place where I can see HIS grace and love for me in spite of my wealth. “Open your eyes” JESUS says to me. “Look beyond false riches and look at ME, your true wealth.”

  • Are you giving up on GOD because you are in a bad financial situation?
  • Do you think having more wealth would ease your burdens?
  • Are you waiting on wealth to serve GOD?
  • Can you stop believing the “wealth” lie and start believing that GOD is your deliverance?


No comments:

Post a Comment