Friday, January 26, 2018

Becoming Somebody


Mark 10: 13 Then they brought little children to Him, that He might touch them; but the disciples rebuked those who brought them. 14 But when Jesus saw it, He was greatly displeased and said to them, “Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of God. 15 Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it.” 16 And He took them up in His arms, laid His hands on them, and blessed them.

============

“One day you could be a programmer” a teacher told me. I had no idea what she was referring to. “Would you like to take my class?” she said. I took the class and a whole world opened up to me.

  • There have been people who have given me wisdom.
  • There have been people who have provided me with a direction.
  • There have been people who have touched my mind and motivated me.


What intrigued me about this passage were the children. I mean, why were they there? What were they going to get? Were they sick? It does not say why they were there. I can only speculate that JESUS was blessing them to become something great.

  • JESUS says to me “Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall have peace.”
  • JESUS says to me “Blessed are they that mourn for they shall be comforted.”
  • JESUS says to me “Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth.”


Being blessed by JESUS means being blessed enough to follow HIM no matter the circumstance. HE has the power to lay hands on me and clear my paths to do HIS will. Only HE can touch my soul.

  • Do you need help?
  • Are you feeling low?
  • Can you give JESUS a chance instead of trying to do everything under your own power?


No comments:

Post a Comment