Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Salt is Good for You


Mark 9: 49 “For everyone will be seasoned with fire, and every sacrifice will be seasoned with salt. 50 Salt is good, but if the salt loses its flavor, how will you season it? Have salt in yourselves, and have peace with one another.”

============

“Boring, sneaky and money hungry” were just a few labels I applied to church-goers. I mean they don’t help “me” when “I” need it. I left the church to strike it out on my own.

  • There have been times when I labeled people quickly.
  • There have been times when I was going through a trial I caused myself and wanted to blame others.
  • There have been times when I looked at what was good as bad and what was bad for me as good.


I was no good to anyone during this period. Mad at the world, I had lost my perspective. JESUS warns everyone of losing perspective.

  • GOD says to me “Salt is good.”
  • GOD says to me “I will season you with fiery circumstances and preserve your sacrifices through them.”
  • GOD says to me “Have peace with those who want to pick fights with you.”


Salt is a preservative. Salt stings. Sale penetrates. Salt adds flavor. JESUS says “Be salt” and I take it to mean preserve people and give them HIS messages with may sting me and them and penetrate our hearts with HIS goodness. My flavor on each relationship brings a taste that GOD has given me. Having salt in me helps me have peace with others.

  • Have you given up on people?
  • Have you given up period?
  • Will you seek GOD and ask for restoration?
  • Will you become HIS servant again and follow HIM with your heart?


No comments:

Post a Comment