Thursday, January 25, 2018

Saying it plainly


Mark 10: Then He arose from there and came to the region of Judea by the other side of the Jordan. And multitudes gathered to Him again, and as He was accustomed, He taught them again.

The Pharisees came and asked Him, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife?” testing Him.

And He answered and said to them, “What did Moses command you?”

They said, “Moses permitted a man to write a certificate of divorce, and to dismiss her.

And Jesus answered and said to them, “Because of the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept. But from the beginning of the creation, God ‘made them male and female.’ ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’;  so then they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”

10 In the house His disciples also asked Him again about the same matter. 11 So He said to them, “Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery against her. 12 And if a woman divorces her husband and marries another, she commits adultery.”

============

“How did you socialize?” I said to the person. “I didn’t” was their response. My plan did not work. What I really wanted was permission to go to a party but was afraid to ask.

  • There were times when I wanted something in my heart, but could not express them.
  • There were times when I was afraid to say what I was really thinking.
  • There were times when I desired something but could not say what I desired.


JESUS saw through everyone’s desires as they discussed divorce. HE knew the Pharisees and the disciples were looking at the law as an escape clause in order to fulfill their lusts. HE told them the law but they still questioned it. HE made it plain.

  • JESUS says to me “Leave your parents and become one flesh.”
  • JESUS says to me “I have put married people together for MY purpose.”
  • JESUS says to me “Do not dream up reasons for divorce because I will classify it as an act of adultery.”


Seeing through lust filled plots is what GOD can do best. HE sees through my sordid plans and lets me know I should not continue down that path. HE speaks to me plainly so I can hear HIS words.

  • Are you trying to twist your words because you are trying to create your own version of the truth?
  • Are you amassing evidence for your version of the truth?
  • Can you drop the hardness of your heart and find a place of peace where GOD wants you to dwell?


No comments:

Post a Comment