Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Top of Mind

Mark 8: 31 And He began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things, and be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again. 32 He spoke this word openly. Then Peter took Him aside and began to rebuke Him. 33 But when He had turned around and looked at His disciples, He rebuked Peter, saying, “Get behind Me, Satan! For you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men.”

============

Bored was probably the best word I could use to describe the Sunday school students. Their parents had dragged them there and the person I was co-teaching with sounded monotone. “We need to entertain the students!” I exclaimed. I wonder what kind of gimmicks we can use.

  • There were times when I thought people needed to be tricked into believing.
  • There were times when I thought people would get bored by teaching what’s in the Bible.
  • There were times when I thought entertainment was the best approach.


Peter had just heard the greatest lesson of mankind. He got the inside track on JESUS about to show HIS GODHOOD by being raised from the dead. Unfortunately he rejected JESUS’ statement as if JESUS needed a pep talk to stay in the political game.

  • GOD says to me “Keep your thoughts on MY ways.”
  • GOD says to me “Pray without ceasing.”
  • GOD says to me “Test the Spirit from where people are coming.”


Gimmicks and entertainment can be problematic if they become the end goal. Leading someone to CHRIST must include the HOLY SPIRIT guiding that person. I must have enough faith to allow GOD to give me the right words to tell to people HE sends me.

  • Do you think you need gimmicks to trick people into believing in CHRIST?
  • Are you trying to attract people by football games and dinners without telling them about CHRIST?
  • Can you keep GOD top of mind when reaching out to people?


No comments:

Post a Comment