Friday, July 6, 2018

Set Up for Success


Luke 5: So it was, as the multitude pressed about Him to hear the word of God, that He stood by the Lake of Gennesaret, and saw two boats standing by the lake; but the fishermen had gone from them and were washing their nets. Then He got into one of the boats, which was Simon’s, and asked him to put out a little from the land. And He sat down and taught the multitudes from the boat.

============

Struggling to keep up, I decided to study at home. Who knew that after college I would be studying more than while in college. After a while I caught up and was doing well. My boss came over to me and said “I’m sending you to class.” I was elated.

  • I really enjoyed when someone took interest in me.
  • I was excited when someone saw enough potential in me even when I struggled.
  • I really felt wanted when someone saw something missing in me and decided to help instead of criticizing.


JESUS met the needs of the crowd which caused more people to show up. After a while HE could barely move so HE got into Simon’s (Peter’s) boat. Instead of giving away cars or money or healing everyone from a distance, JESUS taught them in a quiet manner by sitting down.

  • GOD thinks enough of me to teach me.
  • GOD thinks enough of me to want me to grow.
  • GOD thinks enough of me to place HIS HOLY SPIRIT inside of me when I give my life to the SON.


Sometimes I think GOD is the great punisher, who is after me to beat me up over every sin I commit. BUT GOD is quite different. HE wants me to succeed and chases me every day. HE gives me lessons to see HIM at work. HE calms me down and raises me up. HE wants me to take HIS easy yoke and learn from HIM.

  • Are you feeling down?
  • Do you think GOD has forgotten you?
  • Can you allow GOD to fill you up with HIS wonderful teaching today by seeking HIS SON?



No comments:

Post a Comment