Friday, July 27, 2018

Not What it Seems


Luke 6: 20 Then He lifted up His eyes toward His disciples, and said:
“Blessed are you poor,
For yours is the kingdom of God.
21 Blessed are you who hunger now,

For you shall be filled.
Blessed are you who weep now,
For you shall laugh.
22 Blessed are you when men hate you,

And when they exclude you,
And revile you, and cast out your name as evil,
For the Son of Man’s sake.
23 Rejoice in that day and leap for joy!
For indeed your reward is great in heaven,
For in like manner their fathers did to the prophets.

============

Phone call after phone call, the creditors relentlessly pressed me for my debts. Also, some of my peers were beginning to slander me. On top of that, the door that the insurance paid for on my car was rusting. When I tried to roll the window down, it fell into the door. And to top it all off, I stepped in some poop. “What else?” I screamed!

  • There were times when I felt like I was drowning.
  • There were times when life seemed to come at me too fast.
  • There were times when I felt like giving up.


JESUS looked at HIS disciples and could see their hearts. HE knew just what to say at the right time. HE let them know that things are not what they may seem.

  • GOD says to me when you are poor or in debt, I AM still with you.
  • GOD says to me when you are hungry, hurt or crying I AM still with you.
  • GOD says to me when you are slandered and thrown out because you follow ME, I AM with you.


Following GOD means problems. When GOD threw the devil to the earth from heaven, HE allowed him to keep the ability to tempt, confuse and hurt humans for a short period of time. As confusing as that may seem, it shows me HIS love for even the devil.

This adversary tries to devour me daily. BUT GOD fills me up with HIS power. HE tells me that life is not what it may seem. HE says, “Just keep going and you will receive the MY kingdom, you will be filled, you will laugh and you will receive a great reward in heaven.” This fills me with hope.

  • Are you facing issues?
  • Does it seem like problem after problem?
  • Can you allow GOD to fill you up with HIS wonderful words of hope and turn to HIM today?



No comments:

Post a Comment