Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Meaning



Luke 6: 12 Now it came to pass in those days that He went out to the mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God. 13 And when it was day, He called His disciples to Himself; and from them He chose twelve whom He also named apostles: 14 Simon, whom He also named Peter, and Andrew his brother; James and John; Philip and Bartholomew; 15 Matthew and Thomas; James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon called the Zealot; 16 Judas the son of James, and Judas Iscariot who also became a traitor.

============

“Get married”… Check. “Have kids”… Check. “Numerous vacations”… Check. “Bills paid”… Check. “Buy stuff”… Check. “Rise to the top in my industry”… Check. “So why am I so empty?” I asked myself one morning.


  • There were times when I sought what everyone told me would make me happy.
  • There were times when I met everyone’s expectations and I still was not excited.
  • There were times when I acquired stuff and felt even emptier.

JESUS prayed all night and in the morning HE called HIS disciples to HIMSELF. These were the chosen people who would be charged with the incredible task of telling the entire world that the CHIRST has indeed arrived. Their lives would be turned upside down as they faced a new purpose.


  • GOD wants me to have meaning in life.
  • GOD wants me to live my life with purpose.
  • GOD wants me to understand that my existence is because of HIM.

When I recognize that GOD not only created me, but I must live for HIS purpose, I soon make different decisions. I answer HIS call more often and HE guides me to serve people I would not have otherwise. GOD gives my life meaning and I can live every day for HIM if I choose to.


  • Does your life have meaning?
  • Do you feel GOD’s calling on your life?
  • Can you answer HIS call and allow HIM to guide you to a more meaningful existence today?

No comments:

Post a Comment