Monday, July 30, 2018

Rich and Famous


Luke 6: 24 “But woe to you who are rich,
For you have received your consolation.
25 Woe to you who are full,

For you shall hunger.
Woe to you who laugh now,
For you shall mourn and weep.
26 Woe to you when all men speak well of you,
For so did their fathers to the false prophets.

============

Mocking a person’s leadership style was one of the primary conversations of the “in crowd.” I was finally invited to partake and it felt great. I had a large expense account so our discussion took place at an expensive steak house.

  • Riches can blind me.
  • Indulgence can remove me from reality.
  • Recognition can make me think more highly of myself.


JESUS turns from blessing to woes in a strange way.  HE had just said “Blessed are the poor for theirs is the kingdom of GOD”, then HE turns right around and says “Woe to you who are rich.” HE knew the evil grips money could have on a person.

  • JESUS wants me to seek the lost and feed the poor so my reward can be in heaven.
  • JESUS wants me to miss a meal or two seeking HIS kingdom.
  • JESUS wants me to seek gratification in HIM being satisfied versus trying to get human edification.


When I am rich, full of food and bragged about, I do not hear GOD. When I am poor it seems like I can hear GOD in songs and I can see HIM moving obstacles. My rich blind times brings on worries of keeping my earthly treasures while my poor struggling times brings on a cry to GOD for rescue.

GOD wants me to be careful of falling into yet another trap of the devil. “If I could just make X dollars then I could…” is usually the trap language I use. GOD wants me to say “If I could just have the faith of a mustard seed then anything GOD wants me to do can happen.”

  • Are you rich and losing touch with GOD?
  • Are you poor and mad that you are not rich?
  • Can you heed JESUS’s warnings and seek HIS kingdom as your pay and reward today?


No comments:

Post a Comment