Monday, August 26, 2013

Get your “But” out of here!

Numbers 13:They gave Moses their report. They said, “We went into the land you sent us to. It really does have plenty of milk and honey! Here’s some fruit from the land.

28 “But the people who live there are powerful. Their cities have high walls around them and are very large. We even saw members of the family line of Anak there. 29 The Amalekites live in the Negev Desert. The Hittites, Jebusites and Amorites live in the central hill country. The Canaanites live near the Mediterranean Sea. They also live along the Jordan River.”

30 Then Caleb interrupted the men who were speaking to Moses. He said, “We should go up and take the land. We can certainly do it.”

============

“Please represent us” was the cry at work from a group of people who seemed to have no voice. Who am I to speak to senior management about issues the employees were having. I mean they are savvy, have short attention spans and besides, our issues are big to us and small to them. I sat there wondering if I should speak up to these giants.

  • People in high positions have made me nervous.
  • People who seem stronger than I am have made me cringe.
  • People and situations that seem much larger than me cause me to want to shrink back into the shadows and do nothing.


When I am faced with a large task I begin playing the outcomes in my mind.  I see what barriers there are, calculate the effort and multiply the time and money needed, subtract the bank account and it usually equals worry! “How can I do this” is usually what I wind up asking myself!

  • All tasks are large to me without GOD.
  • Even the easiest task is impossible without GOD.
  • What seems impossible to me is extremely simple for GOD.


GOD doesn’t want me to think I can do anything without HIM.  In fact HE wants me to depend on HIM to deliver me into the “promised land.” I only need to recognize that if it is HIS plan, it won’t fail! Today I use GOD’s words given to Caleb… “We certainly can do it!”

  • Are you facing a very large task?
  • Do you feel overwhelmed?
  • Can you seek the power of GOD instead of depending on your power?
  • Won’t you bow to HIS plan, grace and might in order to accomplish what HE want you to?


No comments:

Post a Comment