Wednesday, August 28, 2013

I am reminded to follow GOD


Numbers 15: 40 “‘You will remember to obey all of my commands. And you will be set apart for your God. 41 I am the Lord your God. I brought you out of Egypt to be your God. I am the Lord your God.’”

============

“How many houses do you have?” was the topic of the conversation that let me know I was in the wrong place. It was one of those discussions about cars that cost well into the 6 figures and cruises in extravagant places. I felt quite inadequate and it seemed like a crossroad appeared in front of me.

Do I work extra hard changing my personality and hang out with those who could care less about GOD or do I pursue GOD outside of comforts of opulence?

  • When I will do anything for money, I have lost my way.
  • When I desire money over a relationship with GOD then I have lost my way.
  • When I wish to be around money more than serving I have lost my way.


Please don’t get me wrong, money is not the problem, it’s when I desire security in money that causes a riff between me and GOD.  It’s not just money, it’s anything that I put over my relationship with GOD will cause problems.

  • GOD said “remember to obey HIS commands.”
  • GOD said “I will be set apart for my GOD.”
  • GOD said “HE is the LORD my GOD.”
  • GOD said “HE brought me out of Egypt.”


GOD is thoroughly in control of all my situations. HE gently guides me to the correct path and ensures that I have what I need. All HE asks is that I “remember” HIM.

  • Do you set aside time to remember all of the things GOD has done for you?
  • Can you reflect a moment to understand what HE is doing for you now?
  • Can you help someone else understand what GOD is doing in their life?


No comments:

Post a Comment