Thursday, August 22, 2013

Watch what you ask for!


Numbers 11: 4 Some people who were with them began to long for other food. Again the people of Israel began to cry out. They said, “We wish we had meat to eat. 5 We remember the fish we ate in Egypt. It didn’t cost us anything. We also remember the cucumbers, melons, leeks, onions and garlic. 6 But now we’ve lost all interest in eating. We never see anything but this manna!”

-------
10 Moses heard people from every family crying. They were sobbing at the entrances to their tents.
The Lord burned with hot anger. So Moses became troubled.
============

God has a plan for the “good” times and the “bad.” When I decide I don’t like the trial I’m in, I try to steer GOD in the direction of comfort.  I want to be as comfortable and wealthy as possible. This may or may not be GOD’s plan for me.

  • GOD has a plan for me and doesn’t like altering it for my selfish desires.
  • GOD has a plan for me that is built with love and doesn’t like changing it to suit my preferences.
  • GOD has a plan for me that considers what is best and doesn’t like modifying it to put me in a worse situation.


I can long for the wrong thins all I want BUT GOD knows what is best for me and protects me from myself at times. HE carries me away from things that will harm me. I may cry and throw a tantrum but HE knows how to grow me in ways I never could consider!

  • Are you in a trial and trying to pray your way out of it?
  • Why do you think GOD has left you in the trial?
  • Can you look at how HE is growing you?
  • Won’t you let HIM steer the plan HE has for you?


No comments:

Post a Comment