Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tired of being on my own power

John 6 18 A strong wind was blowing and the waters grew rough. 19 When they had rowed about three or four miles, they saw Jesus approaching the boat, walking on the water; and they were frightened. 20 But he said to them, “It is I; don’t be afraid.” 21 Then they were willing to take him into the boat, and immediately the boat reached the shore where they were heading.

============

Adversity was a staple when budget time came rolling around. How am I going to keep this large headcount while providing value? Attacks from other ancillary departments had to be considered so we put our heads together to strengthen our position.

It was an exhausting season that sometimes had neither fruit nor friendships but our plans got us through the conflict. Many came out wounded, sometimes fired, but we got our budget.
  • When adversity comes I try working a little harder thinking I can triumph over GOD’s trial.
  • When adversity comes I think I can “plan” my way out of the trouble, only to find more trouble.
  • When adversity comes I try to turn my fright into courage but this usually wounds many around me.
An unexpected storm caught the disciples by surprise. They didn’t have any options it was either row or die. They tried with all their might but nothing was working. JESUS showed HIS GODLY power by doing the impossible for any human, HE walked on water. This supernatural act frightened the disciples more. What were their expectations?
  • GOD is always with me in the middle of the storm, it takes me to open my frightened eyes to see HIM.
  • GOD is always ready to do supernatural things right in front of me if I am willing to accept how and what HE will do.
  • GOD is always willing and able to rescue me if I use my power to focus on HIM and not the storm.
Just because I’m good at planning my way out of some adverse situations doesn’t mean GOD won’t put an obstacle in front of me to show me “I need HIM.”  In fact running the race of life can be quite tiring without GOD.

When I invite JESUS into “my boat” adversity cannot touch me and while the turbulent waves of life are still there, HE enables me to make it to shore unscathed.
  • Are you trying to change your situation yourself?
  • What tactics are you using to manipulate GOD or the people around you to get your way?
  • Can you let go of your life and ask GOD “what do YOU want me to do?”
  • Won’t you let GOD change “you” instead of changing “that” person?
  • Will you give up your worries about “that” situation for a moment to praise GOD?

No comments:

Post a Comment