Monday, November 25, 2013

Grow up and give it back!


Joshua 7: 10 The Lord said to Joshua, “Stand up! What are you doing down on your face? 11 Israel has sinned; they have violated my covenant, which I commanded them to keep. They have taken some of the devoted things; they have stolen, they have lied, they have put them with their own possessions. 

12 That is why the Israelites cannot stand against their enemies; they turn their backs and run because they have been made liable to destruction. I will not be with you anymore unless you destroy whatever among you is devoted to destruction.

============

Toner got all over my hands and finally some got on my clothes.  I fixed numerous paper jams and it seemed like the automatic stapler went nuts as soon as I fixed other problems.  It was after hours and I had to fix everything myself because I was making copies for my social group. “My company wouldn’t mind because they made lots of money”, I thought to myself.

  • When I permanently borrow something without permission it’s stealing.
  • When I use something without permission it’s stealing.
  • When I go outside the boundaries for my own personal gain, it’s stealing.


Stealing was not my mode of operation.  I would never consider myself a thief.  I mean thieves break in and take what’s not theirs. So what’s the harm in taking stuff from work? “These folks are thieves themselves, they have plenty!”

  • GOD wants me to mature enough to not want even a paperclip that’s not mine.
  • GOD wants me to grow up enough to realize that even the time spent goofing off at work is stealing.
  • GOD wants me to ripen enough to desire HIS supply of my needs rather than me taking them from someone.


Slipping out of work early or taking material from the job or doing inferior work to collect a check has not build the best relationship between me and GOD. I may even justify my actions by classifying the company or even my boss as jerks, but it still doesn’t fit well within GOD’s favor.

GOD wants me to be honest in my dealings and desires that I focus my attention on HIM more and more.

  • Are you stealing from work by not giving your best?
  • Are you stealing from GOD by not serving, giving, or praying?
  • Can you give back what you have taken and start over?
  • Won’t you grow up enough to admit what you are taking?


No comments:

Post a Comment