Friday, November 15, 2013

Trading in fear for something better


Joshua 1:Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

============

Deep in thought, I took notes on how I was going to approach my programming when the phone rang.  It was a major corporation asking me if I could program 3D images of a human heart beating on a screen as surgeons performed operations. I froze and said “I’ll pass.” A chance to become the head technology executive of a major company came open and they asked me. I froze and they passed me over.

A major division of a company was opening up and they asked me to lead a portion of it. I froze and my boss’s boss said “What are you scared of?” I took it and got promoted several times.

  • Fear holds me back.
  • Fear drives me to snap decisions.
  • Fear makes me wonder if I had just tried what would I have become.


As I look back on things it was the times that I was stifled with fear that I performed the worst. I would think of the worst case, act nervous and guess what… the worst case would happen! I then would remember the outcome and apply the pain to my decisions saying “I can’t do that, whatever that is.” GOD commands something different.

  • GOD commands that I be strong because this earth is cursed and problems will arise each day.
  • GOD commands that I be courageous because many issues will pop up which will  make me want to quit.
  • GOD commands that I should not be afraid to take steps into the unknown because HE sees everything.
  • GOD commands that I should not be discouraged because the LORD my GOD is with me wherever I go.


Will I ever become weak, frightened, worried or discouraged? Yes, BUT GOD has used a stern voice to get my attention when things are going wrong. HE says focus on ME instead of what you worry about. HE knows my plans are nothing without HIM.

When I accept the fact that it’s not my ability that makes me successful, I can accomplish anything GOD has HIS hands on!

  • Are you afraid?
  • Do you have fear that is stopping you from doing something great?
  • Won’t you stop looking at your abilities and let GOD own your plan?
  • Can you believe HIS plan will work and stop looking at the surface?


No comments:

Post a Comment