Tuesday, August 11, 2015

A Nice Prayer to Start the Day


Psalm 119: 169 May my cry come before you, Lord;
    give me understanding according to your word.
170 May my supplication come before you;
    deliver me according to your promise.
171 May my lips overflow with praise,
    for you teach me your decrees.
172 May my tongue sing of your word,
    for all your commands are righteous.
173 May your hand be ready to help me,
    for I have chosen your precepts.
174 I long for your salvation, Lord,
    and your law gives me delight.
175 Let me live that I may praise you,
    and may your laws sustain me.
176 I have strayed like a lost sheep.
    Seek your servant,
    for I have not forgotten your commands.

============

What I noticed about this prayer is the person asks for help following GOD. Sometimes people tell me “follow GOD” but it is not always that easy. My sinful heart prevents the easiest tasks listed by GOD and soon I find myself not praising HIM or lifting a finger to grow HIS kingdom. BUT GOD wants me to act differently.

  • GOD wants me to ask HIM for understanding of HIS word so I can apply it only to me.
  • GOD wants me to ask HIM to accept my prayer for it is arrogant to demand anything of HIM.
  • GOD wants me to ask HIM to teach me HIS decrees so I can praise HIM when I get the knowledge.
  • GOD wants me to ask HIM to change my stony heart to enable it to accept “all” of GOD’s word.
  • GOD wants me to ask HIM for help when I start following HIS path.
  • GOD wants me to ask HIM for the abundant life HE promises me so that I can praise HIM.
  • GOD wants me to confess to HIM that I go astray daily and I need HIM to seek me for I would not seek HIM.


This is a marvelous prayer and I am glad GOD inspired Taw to write it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment