Friday, August 25, 2017

I Didn’t See Them


Matthew 25: 41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

============

As I stepped into the garage a thought popped into my head, “Check voicemail to see if there are any urgent things to take care of.” When I checked, I had all kinds of messages. I answered them all the way to work and some on the way back home. After dinner, I checked email and voicemail then made a few calls. My neighbor rang the bell. I didn’t know his name.

  • Life can be distracting.
  • Life can be filled with a lot of “stuff.”
  • Life can be so busy that I cannot see even the people around me.


When I look back on the tremendous amount of time I spent becoming “successful” I see that the true goal may have been missed, namely to serve people. I did not reach out to my neighbors to see if they needed anything. What should I do?

  • GOD wants me to open my eyes to those HE delivers to me.
  • GOD wants me to see my neighbors and pray for them as much as I pray for myself.
  • GOD wants me to serve people just because they need to be served.


Rich or poor, GOD wants me to seek those who need to see HIS face. Serving people brings attention to them and possibly they can hear that GOD loves them and cares for them. Eternal life is not just about “me” getting saved, it is about how many people here on earth did I get a chance to plant the seed of life into their heart.

GOD will grow HIS kingdom with each sincere seed planted. HE wants me to see people HE delivers to me every day.

  • Are you extremely busy or extremely worried?
  • Do you see the people around you?
  • Can you stop being so distracted and look at a person around you so you can serve them?


No comments:

Post a Comment