Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Them Too



Mark 11: 25 “And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses. 26 But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses.”

============

One guy pushed all my papers off of my desk. Another punched me in the chest so hard, I saw stars. One lady wanted to put a stupid label on myself so she would be more popular. This other person said “I’m going to wipe that smile off of your face” while I worked for him.

  • There have been many people who have done some mean things to me.
  • There have been some people who have low down things to me.
  • There have been people who have slandered me, hit me, and hurt me physically and emotionally.


Asking GOD for whatever I wanted comes with a price. I can literally tell a mountain to move and ask GOD to do it and it will be done but first I must do something. I must forgive.

  • JESUS says to me “I want you to pray to ME and ask me anything.”
  • JESUS says to me “During your prayer, I want you to forgive those who hurt you.”
  • JESUS says to me “When you practice forgiveness, your HEAVENLY FATHER will do the same for you.”


You mean I have to forgive “them too?” Yes! Asking JESUS to get me out of a jam gets nullified when I harbor hatred in my heart. Even bullies who call themselves CHRIST followers who seem to get their way at every turn will have to answer to GOD one day. GOD does not want me to be one of those bullies.

GOD wants me to be the person who is strong enough to recognize maleficent actions towards me and take the time to forgive them. It may take hours or days or sometimes years for me to truly get the poison out of my heart, BUT GOD can replace the poison with love. GOD wants me to forgive “them too.”

  • Do you have hatred in your heart?
  • Has someone hurt you on purpose and it is difficult to forgive them?
  • Can you stop giving that person power over you and forgive them just as GOD has forgiven you?

No comments:

Post a Comment