Friday, February 23, 2018

Hard Concept



Mark 12: 35 Then Jesus answered and said, while He taught in the temple, “How is it that the scribes say that the Christ is the Son of David? 36 For David himself said by the Holy Spirit:

‘The Lord said to my Lord,
“Sit at My right hand,
Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.”’

37 Therefore David himself calls Him ‘Lord’; how is He then his Son?”
And the common people heard Him gladly.

============

“How was GOD always there?” is one of the many questions I thought about as I pondered HIS existence. “Don’t ask those kinds of questions” were the directions of those who were trying to keep me from asking my brazen words. But I wanted to know.

  • There have been times when I wrestled with the concepts that were taught to me.
  • There have been times when I wanted to find the truth instead of being led by blind guides.
  • There have been times when I wanted to understand GOD but was met with superficial answers.


JESUS throws out a concept that the church leaders had not taught. “How is the messiah a decedent of David when David calls the messiah LORD?” Once again JESUS was speaking about HIMSELF and knew they were blind. HE does not want me to be blind.

  • JESUS says to me “Come unto ME all ye that labor and I will give you rest.”
  • JESUS says to me “Take MY yoke upon you and learn of ME for I AM meek and lowly at heart.”
  • JESUS says to me “And you shall find rest unto your soul for MY yoke is easy and MY burden is light.”


Learn of ME is what JESUS wants me to do. HE doesn’t want me to sit back and let a blind person guide me to dark places. GOD wants to show me so much more, but when I do not seek HIM I cannot find HIS grace and peace.

JESUS talks about the battle being HIS in the example HE gave. The HOLY SPIRIT guided David to victory as David sat and watched. HE will do the same for me.

  • Are you wrestling with hard concepts of GOD in order to know HIM or to push HIM out of your life?
  • Do you want to truly know the power of the living GOD?
  • Will you earnestly seek HIS direction for your life without piling on your constraints of HIM today?


No comments:

Post a Comment