Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Three Step Plan


Mark 12:28 Then one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, perceiving that He had answered them well, asked Him, “Which is the first commandment of all?”

29 Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. 30 And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ This is the first commandment. 31 And the second, like it, is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

32 So the scribe said to Him, “Well said, Teacher. You have spoken the truth, for there is one God, and there is no other but He. 33 And to love Him with all the heart, with all the understanding, with all the soul and with all the strength, and to love one’s neighbor as oneself, is more than all the whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.”

34 Now when Jesus saw that he answered wisely, He said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.”

But after that no one dared question Him.

============

One day I woke up with a lot on my mind. As I adjusted the scattered thoughts into one cohesive list, I felt a slight bit of relief but the day would indeed be busy.

  • Sometimes I get really busy.
  • Sometimes I have so many thoughts running through my head that I can’t get them all nailed down.
  • Sometimes I am so busy that every thought is dedicated to what I am working on.


“What is our purpose?” the church leader may as well have asked. This one church leader was truly seeking GOD and not trying to protect his status or his building. JESUS gave him a great answer that I can apply to my life.

  • JESUS says to me “Believe that the HEAVENLY FATHER, JESUS and the HOLY SPIRIT are one GOD.”
  • JESUS says to me “Love GOD with all your heart, with all your understanding, with all your soul and with all your strength.”
  • JESUS says to me “Love your neighbor as you love yourself.”


GOD’s purpose for me is very simple, but sometimes I complicate it with the busy times of the day. I focus on the world and not on HIM or my neighbor. JESUS gives me an easy plan to follow; all I need to do is yield to HIS plan daily.

  • Are you confused at what GOD wants from you?
  • Do you think GOD wants you to do something extremely complex and elaborate?
  • Will you yield to HIS three step plan and believe in HIM, love HIM and love your neighbor today?


No comments:

Post a Comment