Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Expect It


Mark 13:Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives opposite the temple, Peter, James, John, and Andrew asked Him privately, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign when all these things will be fulfilled?”

And Jesus, answering them, began to say: “Take heed that no one deceives you. For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am He,’ and will deceive many. But when you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be troubled; for such things must happen, but the end is not yet.For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be earthquakes in various places, and there will be famines and troubles. These are the beginnings of sorrows.

============

 “This is going to sting a bit” said the doctor as he gave me a shot. I braced for the worst and while it was bad, I expected it.

  • Sometimes bad news comes in droves.
  • Sometimes I get bad news then some more bad news then some more.
  • Sometimes it seems like there is nothing but bad news all around.


Two thousand years ago JESUS speaks about these days. HE does not paint a very good picture for mankind. It seems like all of humanity are doomed by the way this reads. BUT GOD said something that caught my eye.

  • GOD says to me “Do not be troubled when problems seem to pile up.”
  • GOD says to me “Do not be troubled when it seems like the trial keeps going on and on.”
  • GOD says to me “Do not be troubled when issues develop.”


The reason JESUS can say “do not be troubled” is because HE already saw the outcome and it was victorious. HE, like the doctor, says to me “This may sting a bit” in order to warn me. BUT GOD sees beyond the surgery, unlike the surgeon. HE sees HIS victory in my life and says to me “hang in.” By expecting trouble, I can also expect HIS protection and HIS guaranteed love for me.

  • Are you frightened by the trouble you are in?
  • Do you feel a lot of pressure?
  • Can you stop for a moment and expect the trouble and also expect GOD’s victory?


No comments:

Post a Comment