Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Tumbling Down



Mark 13: Then as He went out of the temple, one of His disciples said to Him, “Teacher, see what manner of stones and what buildings are here!

And Jesus answered and said to him, “Do you see these great buildings? Not one stone shall be left upon another, that shall not be thrown down.”

============

Proud of my accomplishment I reminisced over how hard I worked to build the department to where it was. When I returned I asked if they were still doing things the way I had set them up. “No” was the answer. A new person had come in and changed everything.

  • There were times when I was proud of my accomplishments.
  • There were times when I felt what I built should have lasted forever.
  • There were times when I tried to build a miniature kingdom.


Marveling at human accomplishments, the disciples pointed out how wondrous the temple was. JESUS replied with a harsh statement. “Do you see these great buildings? Not one stone shall be left upon another, that shall not be thrown down.”

  • JESUS says to me “No matter what you build on earth, it will be torn down.”
  • JESUS says to me “MY kingdom will never be torn down.”
  • JESUS says to me “Build MY kingdom and you will store up treasure in heaven.”


Building something is not the problem. JESUS wants my mind focused on heaven as well when I build something on earth. My tendency is to stop only at earth and get pats on the back from humans. GOD wants me to ask HIM if HE I pleased with my plans and accomplishments. HE wants to be asked first and included all the way.

  • Are you trying to accomplish something?
  • Do you have something large in mind but do not know how to accomplish it?
  • Can you stop trying to be in the spotlight and ask GOD how does HE want things to go?


No comments:

Post a Comment