Monday, February 26, 2018

Check Marked


Mark 12: 41 Now Jesus sat opposite the treasury and saw how the people put money into the treasury. And many who were rich put in much. 42 Then one poor widow came and threw in two mites, which make a quadrans. 43 So He called His disciples to Himself and said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you that this poor widow has put in more than all those who have given to the treasury; 44 for they all put in out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty put in all that she had, her whole livelihood.”

============

When I stopped by the meeting, I saw faces I did not recognize. I said what I was supposed to say and left. I could not find my schedule so I called my administrative assistant. She told me what my next meeting was. “Who are these people?” I asked.

  • There have been times when I went through the motions.
  • There have been times when I did what I was supposed to do then left.
  • There have been times when I got something over with, then check marked it done.


JESUS took an opportunity to watch “how” people were giving which many mistake for “what” was given. When HE called HIS disciples over, HE wanted to explain the difference between going through the motions versus true passion. HE says the same to me.

  • GOD wants me to be passionate about what I am doing.
  • GOD wants me to give my all to HIM on a daily basis.
  • GOD wants me to live my life with abundance instead of complaining that I don’t have enough.

For some reason I used to picture this poor widow as being hunched over and old, wearing the darkest clothing and some sort of hood covering her worn face. I pictured her slipping the money shamefully into the till.

BUT GOD says something different. She may have had a smile on her face that brightened up the room because of her excitement that she could give again! When I am stuck on money I see this story being about money. GOD wants me to have passion for prayer, serving others and being able to sing again. HE wants my all!
  • Are you going through the motions with GOD?
  • Do you look at “going to church” as just something you do weekly?
  • Can you stop checking off GOD and live a life with passion and abundance with HIM?

No comments:

Post a Comment