Thursday, April 12, 2018

Anticipation



Mark 15: 42 Now when evening had come, because it was the Preparation Day, that is, the day before the Sabbath, 43 Joseph of Arimathea, a prominent council member, who was himself waiting for the kingdom of God, coming and taking courage, went in to Pilate and asked for the body of Jesus. 44 Pilate marveled that He was already dead; and summoning the centurion, he asked him if He had been dead for some time. 45 So when he found out from the centurion, he granted the body to Joseph. 46 Then he bought fine linen, took Him down, and wrapped Him in the linen. And he laid Him in a tomb which had been hewn out of the rock, and rolled a stone against the door of the tomb. 47 And Mary Magdalene and Mary the mother of Joses observed where He was laid.

============

“Is the mail here?” I asked again. I was waiting to get a prize of a free kite from sending in some huge number of box tops from the cereal I had been eating. One day there was a box with my name on it. I had not received much mail in my life, let alone to have a “box” addressed to me from a company!  I hurried to open my prize and to my delight there was my first kite.

  • There were times when I waited on something special to me.
  • There were times when I sat and watched for something special to happen.
  • There were times when I was filled with anticipation of something good to come.


Waiting on the kingdom of GOD was probably something Joseph of Arimathea had done since childhood. When he saw the miracles of JESUS, he immediately knew he had seen GOD in the flesh. As short lived as it was, he saw what he had been waiting for and wanted to serve this dead GOD one last time, or so he thought.

  • JESUS loves when I wait on HIM with faith.
  • JESUS loves when I seek HIS return on a daily basis.
  • JESUS loves when I spend a little time with HIM each day waiting on HIS direction.


JESUS has promised HE would return someday. In the meantime, HE wants me to serve HIS kingdom on a daily basis. Yes, I want stuff and sometimes I get stuff and sometimes I lose stuff, but the kingdom of GOD is so much more. GOD gives me peace that stuff cannot.

HE walks with me, guiding my creativity so I can honor HIM for what HE has bestowed on me. I wait on HIM daily.

  • What are you waiting on?
  • Does the thing you are waiting on cause you grief?
  • Can you set your anticipation on GOD instead of putting such high credence in the thing you are waiting on today?


No comments:

Post a Comment