Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Influence the Influencer


Luke 1: Inasmuch as many have taken in hand to set in order a narrative of those things which have been fulfilled among us, just as those who from the beginning were eyewitnesses and ministers of the word delivered them to us, it seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write to you an orderly account, most excellent Theophilus, that you may know the certainty of those things in which you were instructed.

============

It was getting late and I was getting nowhere. A thought popped in my head. I ran to a person in the house and said “Will you ask if I can go to the party tonight for me?” This was my last ditch plea.

  • Sometimes I want someone to speak on my behalf.
  • Sometimes I want someone who has influence to speak for me.
  • Sometimes I want someone to touch people I cannot touch.


Luke starts off this tremendous account of JESUS by telling Theophilus that he was a firsthand witness to what JESUS had done. Luke uses “Most excellent” to describe Theophilus recognizing his title in the community. Perhaps this in-depth account of reality would spark Theophilus to tell others in the community.

  • GOD wants me to reach those who can reach others.
  • GOD wants me to tell others about the great things HE has done in my life.
  • GOD wants me to give an account of what HE has done in my life so others will tell their stories.


“Sit down, I have something very important to tell you” is the attitude in which GOD wants me to bring up HIS SON.  HE wants me to be very careful not to point to myself, making me look good in the process. HE wants people to see HIS SON so they can praise HIM and repair their broken relationship with HIM.

GOD wants me to go to those who have influence over many so they can tell others about the Great News of JESUS CHRIST. HE alone will guide me to those who truly believe and steer me away from those who have big crowds but point only to themselves. GOD’s message needs to be pure.

  • Do you know someone you can influence to talk about CHRIST?
  • Can you tell them to tell others about GOD?
  • Will you be open enough to tell people your story so others will renew their relationship with GOD today?

No comments:

Post a Comment