Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Heart Timing


Luke 1: There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the division of Abijah. His wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elizabeth. And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless. But they had no child, because Elizabeth was barren, and they were both well advanced in years.

============

“LORD can I please have ___” was a prayer I prayed numerous times. The first time I prayed it, I opened my eyes and was immediately disappointed with GOD because whatever I asked for did not magically appear. I tried something different. I tried being good for a while so maybe GOD would put the answer to my prayer in my stocking. HE was silent for years.

  • Sometimes I got mad at GOD for HIS slowness.
  • Sometimes I prayed in desperation to GOD only to be met with silence.
  • Sometimes I asked GOD over and over and nothing came to fruition.


Zacharias and Elizabeth walked with the LORD and GOD was pleased with them, but they had no child because Elizabeth was barren and they were both well advanced in years. It sounded like they wanted children, but, alas they relegated their expectations to serving GOD without getting the desires of their heart.

  • GOD wants me to place the desires of my heart in front of HIM without timing expectations.
  • GOD wants me to ask for anything and expect to receive it, but not in my frantic timing.
  • GOD wants me to depend on HIM for all my answers but do it with patience and endurance.


Temporary goodness is easily seen by GOD. HE can tell when I am trying to get something from HIM and when I manipulate the situation by straightening up for a second then immediately go back to my old ways once I get what I want. GOD wants me to truly follow HIM without pouting over HIS timing. HE deserves praise daily.

  • Are you tired of waiting so you have started complaining about GOD?
  • Has GOD taken care of you and you have not recognized HIS care?
  • Can you continue to walk blameless before the LORD by telling people about the grace HE has given you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment