Thursday, April 26, 2018

Bright Future


Luke 1:So it was, that while he was serving as priest before God in the order of his division, according to the custom of the priesthood, his lot fell to burn incense when he went into the temple of the Lord. 10 And the whole multitude of the people was praying outside at the hour of incense. 11 Then an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing on the right side of the altar of incense. 12 And when Zacharias saw him, he was troubled, and fear fell upon him.

13 But the angel said to him, “Do not be afraid, Zacharias, for your prayer is heard; and your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you shall call his name John. 14 And you will have joy and gladness, and many will rejoice at his birth. 15 For he will be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink. He will also be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother’s womb. 16 And he will turn many of the children of Israel to the Lord their God. 17 He will also go before Him in the spirit and power of Elijah, ‘to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children,’ and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just, to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.”

============

“You will never grow in this industry” said my professor as he was prepared to give me a failing grade. “Maybe his words would come true” I thought to myself. “Maybe the words of the teacher who believed in me were just a fantasy and I could never amount to anything” I added.

  • There were times when I doubted my future.
  • There were times when I did not believe amazing things could happen to me.
  • There were times when I believed what the negative people said.


Zacharias met an angel and feared for his life. The angel rested his mind by telling him the future of his one and only son to be. The angel did not speak of the hurt John would face, rather he said John would be “Great in the sight of the LORD.”

  • GOD wants me to believe I have a special purpose in life.
  • GOD wants me to use my special purpose to turn many people to the LORD their GOD.
  • GOD wants me to make ready HIS people for HIS return.


By human measures my future sometimes seems bleak. I have tried and failed at numerous things in my life. BUT GOD sees something different in me. HE fills me with HIS SPIRIT and gives me the ability to tell people that JESUS is the CHRIST who is my LORD and SAVIOR.

  • Do you feel awkward and left out?
  • Do you think you are not special?
  • Can you stop measuring yourself by the world’s standards and allow GOD to use the powerful gifts and talents HE has given you for HIS purpose today?

No comments:

Post a Comment