Monday, April 23, 2018

Signs of Passion



Mark 16: 19 So then, after the Lord had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God. 20 And they went out and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the word through the accompanying signs. Amen.

============

“Why am I doing this?” was my question as I continued doing the thankless job. It seemed like no one cared about what I was doing at the time so each time I did what I was doing, it became more of a chore. One day someone said, “I have been watching you for years. What makes you do what you do?” “Wow!” I thought to myself. “What should I say?”

  • There were times when I wanted a sign that I was doing the right thing.
  • There were times when I wanted to give up because I did not have a sign.
  • There were times when I wanted someone to at least thank me for what I was doing.


After seeing JESUS absorbed into heaven and witnessed HIM sitting at the right hand of GOD, the disciples had passion like you would never believe. They went everywhere and told everyone they could meet that JESUS CHRIST is LORD.  JESUS did not just let them go alone. HE went with them confirming everything they said about HIM. HE gave signs so that others may believe.

  • JESUS wants me to go out and speak about HIM with passion.
  • JESUS wants me to have passion without the need for signs.
  • JESUS wants me to be excited about HIM and HE will provide the right words at the right time.


GOD wants passion from me. HE doesn’t require much from me at all, but when I show passion for HIM, HE gives me evidence that HE is working through me by drawing many people to HIM. JESUS rewards my passion for HIM and that is all I need.

  • Are you looking for signs?
  • Do you feel discouraged because you haven’t seen what you are looking for from HIM?
  • Can you renew your passion about JESUS by simply telling people about HIM today?


No comments:

Post a Comment