Monday, April 30, 2018

Coming out of Hiding



Luke 1: 23 So it was, as soon as the days of his service were completed, that he departed to his own house. 24 Now after those days his wife Elizabeth conceived; and she hid herself five months, saying, 25 “Thus the Lord has dealt with me, in the days when He looked on me, to take away my reproach among people.”

============

“How’s the job search coming?” were the innocent yet increasingly annoying words from the community. Wanting to express their concern and solidarity was nice, but there were no jobs to be had in this extreme period of unemployment. “I just want to hide” were my thoughts.

  • There were times when I just wanted to hide.
  • There were times when I was ashamed and frustrated.
  • There were times when I wanted everything to be as everyone expected but they were not.


Whether it was traditional or not, Elizabeth hid herself differently than others. She may have had years and years of innocent people asking “Do you have kids?” as their first question. She may have had mixed emotions about this miracle baby as she moved herself away from the community for the last five months of her pregnancy. She could have been delighted and nervous, but for years prior, she carried herself with GOD’s peace.

  • GOD says to me “I will take care of you.”
  • GOD says to me “Do not be afraid of humans, but fear the LORD your GOD.”
  • GOD says to me “Do not be anxious for I have many promises for you.”


Walking in a spirit of peace is not always easy when those around me are anxious. BUT GOD gives me something to handle them and me, namely peace. GOD tells me to calm people down in the middle of storms and when I do, I in turn get calmed down.

HE wants me to show people that what is more important than their anxious question is my relationship with the living GOD. The peace that comes from HIM draws others to HIM and that is the mission HE gives me when I am in a trial.

  • Are people asking you their anxious questions?
  • Are you getting frustrated with their nervousness and disbelief?
  • Will you stop trying to gain their approval and seek to calm them down by telling them you are related to the all-powerful GOD who takes care of you everyday?


No comments:

Post a Comment