Monday, April 16, 2018

Frightened Excitedly


Mark 16:But he said to them, “Do not be alarmed. You seek Jesus of Nazareth, who was crucified. He is risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid Him. But go, tell His disciples—and Peter—that He is going before you into Galilee; there you will see Him, as He said to you.”

So they went out quickly and fled from the tomb, for they trembled and were amazed. And they said nothing to anyone, for they were afraid.


============

Hearing my name called over the school intercom amongst others was a bit disturbing and intriguing at the same time. I recognized the names so I knew we weren’t in trouble. “You passed the test and got into the high tech high school” the principal said to us. I ran down the hall excited but now a bit disturbed as I had never been to a school this large before.

  • Sometimes I get frightened by some exciting news.
  • There were times when I heard some great news yet walked away frightened by the next steps.
  • Sometimes I hear great things but get nervous about the future of that news.


An angel spoke casually to the two Mary’s. He tried to keep them as calm as possible but the news was just too overwhelming. He told them “You seek JESUS of Nazareth, who was crucified. HE is risen!” This bold statement was too much to comprehend so he tried to show the evidence by telling them to look at the rolled away stone and the empty tomb, but they were too excited and frightened.

  • JESUS wants me to know HE is alive and in control of my situation.
  • JESUS wants me to “Not be alarmed” but to be excited about HIS daily guidance.
  • JESUS wants me to tell many people about HIM rather than focusing on the negatives around me.


Even though the strong military force who was looking for anyone associated with JESUS could find the two Mary’s, that was the least of their concern. They had a flood of emotions that included amazement and fright at the same time. GOD had blessed them with “first response” news that was a huge responsibility to tell. HE does the same with me and it is up to me to respond.

  • Are you called by GOD to spread HIS great news?
  • Have you gotten frightened by life that you feel paralyzed to speak about JESUS in an excited way?
  • Can you get your focus back and begin speaking about CHRIST, who saved you, today?


No comments:

Post a Comment