Friday, April 6, 2018

Shame Line


Mark 15: 27 With Him they also crucified two robbers, one on His right and the other on His left. 28 So the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “And He was numbered with the transgressors.”

29 And those who passed by blasphemed Him, wagging their heads and saying, “Aha! You who destroy the temple and build it in three days, 30 save Yourself, and come down from the cross!”

31 Likewise the chief priests also, mocking among themselves with the scribes, said, “He saved others; Himself He cannot save. 32 Let the Christ, the King of Israel, descend now from the cross, that we may see and believe.”

Even those who were crucified with Him reviled Him.

============

“You must attend the meeting” said my employment lawyer as she coached me through maximizing the exit package. During the meeting I could hear overt conversations. “Why is he presenting? He won’t be here anyway.” Another said “Maybe he is trying to do a last ditch effort to save his job.”

  • There have been times when I have been shamed.
  • There have been times when people who once were “with” me, said plenty of words against me.
  • There have been times when I could hear the insults and could not even respond.


Powerful people tried to add insult to injury as they looked at JESUS in disgust. GOD was lumped in with the bad guys even though HE committed no sin. Known felons were not insulted, but JESUS was. Even one of the criminals, who was dying right next to JESUS,  hurled insults at HIM.

  • JESUS says to me “They will hate you because of ME.”
  • JESUS says to me “Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.”
  • JESUS says to me “Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.”


Insults never feel good and I have dished out many. Looking back I have joined in on the shame line to hurl insults at people, maybe not at their face, but in smaller gossipy places. GOD has forgiven so much from me. HE took the shame without cursing as HE said “FATHER forgive them for they do not know what they are doing.” I am grateful for HIS shame.

  • Are you full of shame right now?
  • Have you joined in to shame someone even if it was done in gossip?
  • Will you give your shame to GOD, whether you received it or dished it out, today?


No comments:

Post a Comment