Thursday, April 19, 2018

Unbelievable



Mark 16: 12 After that, He appeared in another form to two of them as they walked and went into the country. 13 And they went and told it to the rest, but they did not believe them either.

============

“Aw go back to bed” said the person in the top bunk as I tried to give him an urgent message. I went to the only bathroom in the house very early in the morning. I didn’t have my glasses on but I could clearly see that on the rim of the tub was a mouse on its hind legs. “You were dreaming” I was told.

  • There were times when I stated the facts and was not believed.
  • There were times when I stated something that seemed farfetched.
  • There were times when I said something that was the truth that were not believed and rebutted with “that is your story.”


Two disciples walked with the risen LORD for a while. Other accounts say that JESUS spoke to them in marvelous ways with such passion as they never heard before. When they went to tell others, they were met with disbelief. I wonder if the people said “You were dreaming” to both men.

  • JESUS wants me to tell people about the amazing thing HE did for me.
  • JESUS wants me to proclaim HIS message of salvation to many who may not believe.
  • JESUS wants me to continue following HIM, even when it looks crazy to do so.


“Won’t you believe me?” is my question sometimes when I tell people about GOD. I mean this is an eternal decision, yet the message sometimes falls on deaf ears. GOD wants me to have the fortitude to see beyond those who will not believe at this moment.

HE never lets HIS word go out without some return. HE wants me to plant seeds in some, in others HE wants me to water the seed and still in others HE wants me to pick the fruit of the growth. GOD wants me to be consistent and that consistency is my faith in HIM whether I am believed or not.

  • Are you telling people about GOD and are met with disbelief?
  • Are you getting discouraged because people have rejected you?
  • Can you continue in your faith knowing GOD is with you today?


No comments:

Post a Comment