Thursday, September 5, 2013

Where does complaining get me?


Numbers 21:The people of Israel traveled from Mount Hor along the way to the Red Sea. They wanted to go around Edom. But they grew tired on the way. So they spoke against God. They also spoke against Moses. They said to them, “Why have you brought us up out of Egypt? Do you want us to die here in the desert? We don’t have any bread! We don’t have any water! And we hate this awful food!”

Then the Lord sent poisonous snakes among the people of Israel. The snakes bit them. Many of the people died.The others came to Moses. They said, “We sinned when we spoke against the Lord and against you. Pray that the Lord will take the snakes away from us.” So Moses prayed for the people.

The Lord said to Moses, “Make a snake. Put it up on a pole. Then anyone who is bitten can look at it and remain alive.” So Moses made a bronze snake. He put it up on a pole. Then anyone who was bitten by a snake and looked at the bronze snake remained alive.

============

“This guy is an idiot” I thought to myself. My boss would frequently sneak into my office to see if I had any new ideas lying around that he could take credit for. I would lock my cabinets and take my laptop with me so he wouldn’t find anything. “I’m tired of this guy, I should complain.” So I did.

Later his boss and his boss’s boss all began to frown at me. What was once pats on the back soon became sneers and curt responses. I needed a higher authority to protect me.

  • When I complain I have not considered GOD’s plan
  • When I complain I have not looked around to see what GOD is doing.
  • When I complain I am only looking at the situation from my eyes.


GOD despises complaints. GOD DESPISES COMPLAINTS! I had to say that twice because GOD despises complaints. I cannot tell who HIS servant is and who isn’t. Yeah, the person may not be acting the way they should at the time but my complaint about them is abysmal to GOD.

  • GOD wants me to pray for my leaders and let HIM handle their downfalls.
  • GOD wants me to praise HIM for HIS plan no matter how bleak things may seem.
  • GOD wants me to be honest when I feel low but wants me to trust HIM rather than blame HIM.


When I have problems all I have to do is look up!

  • Are you complaining about your situation?
  • Are you complaining about people around you?
  • Can you understand that GOD is not pleased with your complaints?
  • Won’t you look to HIM for grace?


No comments:

Post a Comment