Friday, October 4, 2013

There is no other GOD


Deuteronomy 4: 39 The Lord is God in heaven above and on the earth below. Today you must agree with that and take it to heart. There is no other God.

============

Standing on a porch in a hand-me-down snorkel coat, a gust of wind blew and I went sailing. Laughter came from everyone because my frail frame wasn’t enough to hold me down. Since I was so frail I developed fears, especially of bullies, I avoided them at all costs.

When I grew high in a company I complained because I had to pay “alternative minimum tax.” I feared fluctuations in the market so I kept a close watch on where I put “my” funds. Then I met my worst fear, a bully at work who threatened my financial security! What was I going to do?

  • Sometimes my fear of people comes from me viewing them with too much power.
  • Sometimes my fear of losing money comes from me putting it too high on the priority.
  • Sometimes my fear of failure comes from looking at my frail being and thinking I don’t have the power to accomplish huge things.


It was only GOD who could take me to the places I’ve been.  I never would have imagined meeting people I’ve met or doing the things I have done. My fear of the unknown blinds me to the point where I cannot see GOD’s great power.

  • The LORD is GOD in heaven above and on the earth below.
  • The LORD is GOD all by HIMSELF.
  • The LORD is GOD and there is no other GOD.


GOD has ALL of the power, I have none. My frail thinking is only limited by how much I trust in what HE can do. If I believe HE can perform a miracle, then HE will bless me with miracles happening in front of my face. HE performs them anyway, but my blindness causes me to miss HIS great power.

GOD is mighty. GOD is powerful. GOD is everywhere. GOD is.

  • Do you doubt GOD’s power?
  • Do you think HE can’t handle your situation?
  • Can you increase your trust in HIM to do what HE want with the situation?
  • Won’t you let HIM bless you the way HE wants you to be blessed and throw away your false expectations of HIM?


No comments:

Post a Comment