Thursday, February 1, 2018

Strange Timing


Mark 10: 32 Now they were on the road, going up to Jerusalem, and Jesus was going before them; and they were amazed. And as they followed they were afraid. Then He took the twelve aside again and began to tell them the things that would happen to Him: 33 “Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be betrayed to the chief priests and to the scribes; and they will condemn Him to death and deliver Him to the Gentiles; 34 and they will mock Him, and scourge Him, and spit on Him, and kill Him. And the third day He will rise again.”

============

News of a reorganization spread rampantly throughout the company. Fear set in and not many people were working. I had not been through this before so I was ambivalent. One mentor approached me and said to me “I have been let go, I need you to take over the daily inspirational message.” “What!? You have been let go?” was the only thing I heard.

  • Some messages have been given to me when I was shocked.
  • Some messages have been delivered to me when I was not prepared.
  • Some messages have been said to me when I was not mature enough to handle it.


Blah, blah, blah, Death, blah, blah was probably what the disciples heard. I mean they were stunned at the latest news that JESUS was not trying to become a worldly kind of king. They were afraid and all kinds of thoughts were running through their minds. They were probably thinking “What have I got myself into?” BUT JESUS had a purpose.

  • JESUS wants me to know HIS death was because of my sin.
  • JESUS wants me to know HIS resurrection took care of all my sins, even the ones I will commit five minutes from now.
  • JESUS wants me to know HE now has all authority placed under HIM so I can mention HIS name with boldness.


When news about sickness, hurt, and sorrow come at the time when I at my lowest, I sometimes ask GOD, “What!” BUT GOD has a message of comfort HE is trying to get through to me. The disciple probably missed “And the third day HE will rise again” which is the good news!  HE wants me to hear the good when the news is difficult.

  • Did you just get some difficult news?
  • Did the tough news come when you already feeling low?
  • Can you hear GOD’s message of deliverance even though it looks bleak right now?


No comments:

Post a Comment