Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Dead to Alive

Dead to Alive

Revelation 20: 11 Then I saw a great white throne and the one who sits on it. Earth and heaven fled from his presence and were seen no more. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small alike, standing before the throne. Books were opened, and then another book was opened, the book of the living. The dead were judged according to what they had done, as recorded in the books. 13 Then the sea gave up its dead. Death and the world of the dead also gave up the dead they held. And all were judged according to what they had done. 14 Then death and the world of the dead were thrown into the lake of fire. (This lake of fire is the second death.) 15 Those who did not have their name written in the book of the living were thrown into the lake of fire.

 

============

 

Seeing what seemed to be an ocean of people without homes, I decided to go another route. I only had enough in “my” wallet for “my” lunch. After a while, I was good at avoiding poor people. And besides, they were just going to take my money and use it to get drunk or buy drugs, right?

 

  • I had figured out ways to not help the poor.
  • I had justified why it was important for me to keep “my” money.
  • I had labeled people in ways that made “me” feel good for not helping.

 

John, the disciple JESUS loved, saw the throne of JESUS. The sight was so incredible that Earth and heaven fled from HIS presence. John saw two sets of dead people, but only one set of books. The first set of dead were raised to “life” and the second set were raised to “death.”

 

My Observations:

  • By believing in JESUS, all my deeds, will be replayed and I will be judged accordingly.
  • For those who do not believe in JESUS as the Savior, even “good deeds” will be erased and counted against him or her.
  • JESUS has a book of life that HE keeps and records the deeds we do that are precious to HIM.

 

“When did we feed YOU?” We will ask, JESUS will turn to a page and say “See, right here… When you gave that child a cup of water and some food.” “When did we clothe YOU?” we will ask. HE will flip to another page and say “See, its when you donated clothes.” JESUS cannot wait to show HIS people what they have done. Unfortunately HE also remembers what unbelievers have done.

 

HE will bring up all the deeds of those who manipulate, lie, cheat, harm and kill. These people will be thrown in the lake of fire with Satan, the beast and the false prophet. This “second death” will be an eternal death. I am glad you and me will be raised to an eternal life!

 

Challenge

  • What deeds does the writer mention?
  • Have you considered doing something good for someone, without desiring something in return?
  • Have you given your life to CHRIST so your good deeds can be recorded as endearing to JESUS today?

No comments:

Post a Comment