Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Nothing But Life

Nothing But Life

Revelation 22: The angel also showed me the river of the water of life, sparkling like crystal, and coming from the throne of God and of the Lamb and flowing down the middle of the city's street. On each side of the river was the tree of life, which bears fruit twelve times a year, once each month; and its leaves are for the healing of the nations. Nothing that is under God's curse will be found in the city.

 

============

 

Driving down the road, I ran over a skunk carcass. For miles I could smell the horrible powerful stench of the dead animal. I ran through a puddle, yet the smell still lingered.

 

  • I wished that I had not experienced the dead skunk.
  • I wished I had not run over something that was dead and decaying.
  • I would have preferred for all things that were alive to remain alive.

 

John, the disciple JESUS loved, was shown three things that provided life. One river and two trees were described as things that provided life. He also mentioned that the leaves would be used to heal the nations. Any sickness or disease that was under GOD’s curse would be healed by the things that provided life.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD made us with life in mind.
  • Eternal life will contain no sickness, no disease and no death.
  • GOD’s eternal curse will not apply to those who love the LORD.

 

When GOD heals eternally, it will be done for good! I mean, there will be no more crying over a lost loved one, no more pain that keeps people awake and no more disease that causes bodies to malfunction. Why? Because JESUS paid it all.

 

JESUS was took on our curse. CHRIST redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.” HE was hung on a cross and gave us eternal life. I am grateful to receive living water that will make me never thirst again.

 

Challenge

  • Why do you think the writer mention’s GOD’s curse?
  • Have you ever gotten sick or hurt or experienced some sort of pain?
  • Will you accept JESUS as your Savior so you can have everlasting life today?

No comments:

Post a Comment