Wednesday, October 2, 2024

No More Death, Grief, Crying or Pain

No More Death, Grief, Crying or Pain

Revelation 21: Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth. The first heaven and the first earth disappeared, and the sea vanished. And I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared and ready, like a bride dressed to meet her husband. I heard a loud voice speaking from the throne: “Now God's home is with people! He will live with them, and they shall be his people. God himself will be with them, and he will be their God. He will wipe away all tears from their eyes. There will be no more death, no more grief or crying or pain. The old things have disappeared.”

 

============

 

My shirt was missing, so I cried. This was a shirt that I stuffed with other shirts and I carried it around while sucking my thumb. That was the beginning. Over many years, there were circumstances that really made me cry.

 

  • I have felt grief.
  • I have cried over situations and with people.
  • I have seen death and watched how pain  overtook joy.

 

John, the disciple JESUS loved, saw an incredible sight. He saw a new heaven and a new earth. He also saw the first heaven, earth and sea disappear. Just as GOD spoke everything into existence, it was all gone in a moment. He saw the Holy City descend from the new heaven. Then he heard a declaration that would never be broken.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD will wipe away my tears.
  • GOD will give me life forever.
  • GOD will protect me from grief, crying or pain.

 

Imagine a world where there is no more scheming, greed, loss, hurt, malice, lying or disturbing thoughts. I cannot imagine, because that is what is in the world today. Each and every day, more pain is shown on the news and devastation abounds all around us. BUT GOD has a remedy.

 

JESUS rose and ascended to heaven. HE said HE had to go to make a place for all who believe in HIM. This new heaven and new earth contains everything that is needed, so there will be no more disappointment because of lack. GOD will be our GOD and we will be HIS people.

 

Challenge

  • What exciting thing does the writer point out?
  • Have you ever experienced a death of a loved one or grief or crying or pain?
  • Can you set your mind on GOD wiping away all your tears because there will be no more death, grief, crying or pain?

No comments:

Post a Comment