Thursday, October 3, 2024

Thirsty

Thirsty

Revelation 21: Then the one who sits on the throne said, “And now I make all things new!” He also said to me, “Write this, because these words are true and can be trusted.” And he said, “It is done! I am the first and the last, the beginning and the end. To anyone who is thirsty I will give the right to drink from the spring of the water of life without paying for it. Those who win the victory will receive this from me: I will be their God, and they will be my children. But cowards, traitors, perverts, murderers, the immoral, those who practice magic, those who worship idols, and all liars—the place for them is the lake burning with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

 

============

 

Becoming part of a group was new to me. I was handed a book that showed skills to learn. But then I was told that that I could earn merit badges if I could prove that I learned the skill! I tried it and earned my first merit badge.

 

  • I got so excited that I read more of the book.
  • I planned out what my next badge would be.
  • I spent time learning more and more and then became good at what I learned.

 

John, the disciple JESUS loved, heard JESUS speak a declaration that could be trusted and was going to happen. JESUS spoke about two kinds of people. One was “thirsty” and the other was not.

 

My Observations:

  • My thirst for JESUS would cause me to want to learn more about HIM.
  • My thirst for JESUS would make me want to practice what HE said.
  • My thirst for JESUS would open my eyes to what HE wants versus trying to get “my” way.

 

Thirsty means really, really wanting something. I mean, when I want something the world has to offer, I may spend time learning it from reading or watching someone. I then take the initiative to put what I learned into practice. JESUS says HIS “words are true and can be trusted.” In other words, it’s going to happen.

 

If I thirst for JESUS, then my learning will be easy and so will putting what I learned into practice. HIS message of love also came with a price, namely free! If anyone is thirsty for JESUS, HE will give him or her life without paying for it. All my sins have been paid for by JESUS. I am eternally grateful!

 

Challenge

  • Why was the writer told to write down what was said?
  • Have you ever wanted something so much, that you were willing to learn it and do it?
  • When JESUS says “It is done!” does that give you confidence?
  • Can you become thirsty to learn about JESUS and put HIS words into practice today?

No comments:

Post a Comment