Thursday, October 17, 2024

Ready for Soon

Ready for Soon

Revelation 22: Then the angel said to me, “These words are true and can be trusted. And the Lord God, who gives his Spirit to the prophets, has sent his angel to show his servants what must happen very soon.”


“Listen!” says Jesus. “I am coming soon! Happy are those who obey the prophetic words in this book!”

 

============

 

Waiting on the bus in the cold seemed like a bad idea to me. We were on the corner of a fast food restaurant. I heard someone say “The bus is coming soon.” But I figured I would go inside the restaurant to warm up. I got distracted and was not looking as attentively. The bus came and went and I was left waiting.

 

  • I did not believe I would miss the bus.
  • I figured that I had been miserable long enough, so I took matters in my own hands.
  • I made a mistake by looking for temporary comfort when I should have remained ready.

 

John, the disciple JESUS loved, heard directly from HIM. “Listen!” JESUS said with urgency. “I AM coming soon! Happy are those who obey the prophetic words in this book!”

 

My Observations:

  • JESUS said HE will return soon so I should act like it could be any day now.
  • JESUS said to obey the prophecies shown to John which should change my actions.
  • JESUS wants me to have a blessing, so HE told all of us what HE is going to do.

 

Hatred makes me not ready. I mean, when I am busy hating other people, I miss the bus of serving GOD’s people with love. I may get distracted by trying to prove his or her wrong, justifying my sinful activity. BUT GOD wants me ready.

 

But what does ready look like? Ready means believing that I need a Savior to confess my sins to. HE will then give me the HOLY SPIRIT to live inside me, to guide me to serve those HE is seeking to redeem. I look forward to JESUS return, but until then I will serve those HE sends me to or sends to me.

 

Challenge

  • Why do you think the angel said “These words are true and can be trusted” to the writer?
  • Have you ever missed out on something because you stopped waiting?
  • Will you refocus your thinking so you can remain ready for CHRIST by serving those HE is seeking to redeem?

No comments:

Post a Comment