Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thank YOU GOD the HOLY SPIRIT!

Romans 8: 26In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. 27And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.
=============================

I rarely, if ever, think about the HOLY SPIRIT. This is the being that was placed inside of me to do the dirtiest job of all. HE is pure good and has to sit there and watch me sin. HE sees the temptation and HE knows the moment I commit to “knowingly” going against HIS advice. 

 
When I get out of trouble I say Thank GOD, usually thinking about the FATHER. I feel comfortable when I say “thank YOU JESUS for saving me.” But when I say “Thank YOU HOLY SPIRIT” it seems weird. I guess I never consider what HE does. 
  • The HOLY SPIRIT tells me the truth and only convicts me “once” for “that” sin. 
  • The HOLY SPIRIT reminds me to focus on the kingdom and not on earth. 
  • The HOLY SPIRIT calms me down when life brings on hard times. 
  • The HOLY SPIRIT brings me joy when I should be in pain. 
  • The HOLY SPIRIT tells me to give, and love.

JESUS said HE had to die and go away so HE could send the “COMFORTER” and boy I’ll tell you I’ve truly needed HIM throughout the years. The HOLY SPIRIT sees me thinking about sin and considering how to “get away” with the sin. Since HE is there seeing sin conceive, HE can go to the FATHER and ask for the things I really need. 
  • I ask for cars, fame, jobs, and money but the HOLY SPIRIT asks for the right things. 
  • I ask for “that” person to get healed but the HOLY SPIRIT asks for me to be healed. 
  • I ask for peace of mind or for sadness to be taken away but the HOLY SPIRIT asks the FATHER to turn up the heat and bring more issues. 

The HOLY SPIRIT knows me intimately. When I accepted that I needed to be saved from eternal separation and JESUS was the only way to salvation, HE sent the HOLY SPIRIT and placed HIM inside of me. Now GOD only sees the HOLY SPIRIT and not the empty shell who was trying to get his way. 

The HOLY SPIRIT asks the FATHER to forgive me for “that” sin, meanwhile HE gives instructions on how to grow me and show me love. The amazing act that baffles me is when the HOLY SPIRIT crafts “love” that is specific and special to me in the middle of my sins!
  • Have you accepted JESUS as the being who needs to save you?
  • Do you realize you have the same being who created the universe living inside of you?
  • If the HOLY SPIRIT is inside of you, then why do you feel GOD is “far away?”
  • Have you ever thanked the HOLY SPIRIT for HIS help?

No comments:

Post a Comment