Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Am I “with” GOD or not?

2 Timothy 2:  
11 Here is a trustworthy saying:
   If we died with him,
   we will also live with him;
12 if we endure,
   we will also reign with him.
If we disown him,
   he will also disown us;
13 if we are faithless,
   he remains faithful,
   for he cannot disown himself.

============

Parking was very difficult around the stadium so we parked a half mile away. This time we weren’t going to see a sporting event rather serving at an outreach crusade. A very famous old pastor was speaking and I wanted to be part of the outreach while he was still alive.

After weeks of preparation I felt capable to speak to strangers who were seeking something different in their lives. He spoke the most simple message I have ever heard. “We are all sinners and deserve to go to Hell, but JESUS died for you and me and believing in HIM gives you eternal life.”

“What? That was it?” I asked myself. “You mean you got us all here to deliver this simple message?”
  • GOD’s message of salvation is truly simple.
  • GOD’s message of salvation is the only necessity for eternal life.
  • GOD’s message of salvation is supersedes any “good” behavior I could ever do.
“Dying to my way” means I stop using worldly logic and start using GODLY faith. In other words my critical reasoning needs to be pointed at GOD not at man.

  • If I die to my ways then GOD’s miracles will flourish.
  • If I endure trials and troubles then I will reign with HIM in this life as well as eternity.
  • If I believe in GOD becoming a human to die in my place I will have eternal life.

The message is very simple yet so complex. All I know is GOD gave me a promise and HE can never be faithless. HE promised HE would “never” leave me nor forsake me. That’s good enough for me.

  • What happens to humans when they die?
  • Is there “life” after death?
  • If so, do you think you can be “good” enough to receive eternal life?
  • Are you trying to work hard for your salvation by being “good?”

No comments:

Post a Comment